What do I need to work as an OT in the USA?

The employment of occupational therapists (OT) in the USA is projected to grow 24% by 2026, much faster than the average for all occupations. With the high demand for occupational therapists in the USA, internationally trained occupational therapist should look no further and consider taking their career to the United States.

To work as an occupational therapist in the USA you will need a Health Care Worker Certificate. This certificate is issued by the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT) THE NBCOT offers a Verification Certificate that reviews an applicant’s educational credentials, verifies an applicant’s license in their country of education as well as verifies an applicant’s English proficiency.

To be eligible to work as an Occupational Therapist in the USA with Conexus Medstaff, we require you to have:

  • Master’s Degree from an accredited Occupational Therapist program.
  • 5 or more years of current physical therapist work experience
  • Verification Certificate from NBCOT
  • U.S state licensure is preferable but not required – we can help you with this!

If you don’t currently meet all of the requirements above, don’t worry. We still want to hear from you. Our team of Conexus licensure experts are ready and waiting to provide the assistance you need to make your dream of working as an occupational therapist in the USA a reality. 

Our community