Back to Blogs
Toa Heftiba 578093 Unsplash
Share this Article

PT Working in the USA: Here's What's Needed

  • Publish Date: Posted almost 6 years ago
  • Author:by Kate Andrews

There are currently around 200,000 physical therapists (PT) employed across the United States and thanks in part to an aging population, the Bureau of Labor Statistics projects a 25% growth in this field by 2026. With more than 60,000 new physical therapist jobs projected to open up in the USA in the next decade, now’s the time for international physical therapists to consider taking their career to the USA.

To work as a physical therapist in the USA you will need a Health Care Worker Certificate. This certificate is issued by the Foreign Credentialing Commission on Physical Therapy (FCCPT) who offer the Comprehensive Credentials Review (Type 1 Review) visa screening service for international applicants who need the Health Care Worker Certificate for US Citizenship and Immigrations Services clearance for immigration and employment as a licensed physical therapist in the USA. The Type 1 review includes a review of an applicant’s educational credentials, verification of an applicant’s license in their country of education as well as verifying an applicant’s English proficiency.

To be eligible to work as a Physical Therapist in the USA with Conexus Medstaff, we require you to have:

  • Master’s Degree from an accredited Physical Therapist program.

  • 5 or more years of current physical therapist work experience

  • Comprehensive Credentials Review (Type 1)

  • U.S state licensure is preferable but not required – we can help you with this!

If you don’t currently meet all of the requirements above, don’t worry. We still want to hear from you. Our team of Conexus licensure experts are ready and waiting to provide the assistance you need to make your dream of working as a physical therapist in the USA a reality.