Visa Information for Canadian Citizens

As part of your healthcare journey in the USA with Conexus Medstaff, we will sponsor your visa for you for no fee. Our friendly in-house immigration team are experts at what they do and will handle the full visa and immigration process for you, so you really don’t need to worry about a thing. Using an award-winning, and piece of the art Case Management System our immigration team will support and update you every of the way!

What visa will be right for me? 

If you are a health professional with Canadian Citizenship, the good news is you would be able to join Conexus in the USA on a TN status. This means we may be able to get you to work in the USA in as little as 4 weeks. Speak to the team today to find out about the requirements.

What is the TN? 

TN status is valid for up to three years and can be renewed indefinitely. It allows for Healthcare professionals to bring their spouse and dependent children on their USA adventure with them. Any children will be able to attend school in the USA, however a spouse would be unable to work unless they obtained their own visa.

The TN is non-immigrant status, and although it can be renewed indefinitely it was not created for this purpose. It is almost always used for a temporary job in the USA with the intention to return home to Canada. For Health professionals looking for a secure, and long term future in the USA, there are other visa’s available to you once you arrive in the USA.

A long term future in the USA on the EB-3 or EB-2

If you are a Registered Nurse we will be able to apply for you’re an EB-3 (Permanent Residency) visa once you have arrived in the USA and for Allied Health professionals, depending on your experience, we would be able to sponsor you on the EB-3 OR EB-2 (Permanent Residency) visa once you have arrived in the USA and started working for us.

The EB-3 and the EB-2 are immigrant visas and bring more security for families looking to set up home in the USA. A major perk is that the spouse of a healthcare professional on the EB-3 or EB-2 visa, will be able to work USA allowing you all to start building solid foundations for your future in the USA.  Any children will be able to go to school in the US, too.

To see how easy it could be for you to make the move from Canada, check out Canadian Nurses’ Michel and Charo’s story or why not register for our Meet and Greet event in Toronto this coming fall 2018. Find more information on the event on our Facebook page.

Our community