Conexus MedStaff (formerly Link Hospital and healthcare Professionals) specializes in sponsoring international nurses to work and live in the USA on an EB3 permanent residency visa.
Conexus’ main office is located in Houston, Texas, USA and with offices located strategically in Lexington, Kentucky, and Charlotte, North Carolina USA, the United Kingdom and the Philippines. In the US, Conexus has over 130 partner hospitals located in 20 different States across America. Since 2010 the company has been sending International nurses coming from different regions in Asia, Gulf Countries and Europe.
The current demand for Registered Nurses in the United States means that the growth of the company is very exciting where we are venturing to deploy more international Registered Nurses. In Asia these locations will include but not be limited to the Philippines, Malaysia & South Korea that will be supported by the Philippines office. Functions that will be supported from the Philippines team will include the screening of candidates before visa applications and then supporting the immigration process up until the point of embassy interview. As a result of the demand for Registered Nurses that Conexus has in the USA we are looking to support a lot more Nurses from the Philippines team and as such we have a need to recruit an Immigration – Paralegal to work with the Conexus team in Ortigas.
We are looking for Immigration Paralegal to handle a variety of US Immigration and Administrative duties. The Immigration Paralegal’s responsibilities include providing assistance to the Immigration team and managing a case load of up to 100 candidates including communicating with nurse candidates on US immigration processes, keeping files up to date on our CRM System (Bluesky) and LawLogix (Case Management System), maintain our case management system (Law Logix) and candidate contact information, handling of external and internal communications, and other tasks as required by the position, as well as support to other team members when absent.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform related duties as assigned by either the Immigration Manager or any member of the team.
- Renders consultancy work and technical assistance to prospective nurses and health professionals by, among others, providing advice on U.S immigration and visa requirements.
- Coordinate with candidates on items such as licenses, required documents, credentials medicals, interviews etc.
- Regularly update assigned nurses on immigration process and status.
- Assistance in accomplishing necessary forms and other paperwork, advise on the levels of education, training, testing and/or experience that would be required for work in the United States.
- Coordinating the flow of information and/or correspondence between the Company and prospective nurses and health professionals, and other similar advisory activities.
- Set goals and guidelines to all the nurses on how to achieve their dream of migrating to USA the fastest.
- Provide consultancy and solutions to all the nurse’s inquiries and processing problems.
- Entertains/Receives queries from the Nurses regarding the status of their applications.
- Coordinate with our Credential Specialist and Immigration Manager regarding all documents needed for the nurse’s applications (as of today, the Immigration Team is taking care of the credentials and licenses)
- Ensuring licenses remain active.
- Ensuring IELTS are valid and Visa Screen processes are timely initiated.
- Make sure that the nurse complies with all the requirements to complete process.
- Follow-up of nurse’s status of tests application, status of USCIS Process from the Immigration section.
- Focus on the tasks at hand or the internal and external customer requirements and Maintain assigned contact and company records within CRM System
- Communication with nurses to understand their personal and professional circumstances and any changes to these is important
- Any other tasks as needed.
- A graduate of 4 years HR/Management/Nursing Course and preferably with international healthcare recruitment/immigration experience.
- With excellent English speaking and writing skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to demonstrate attention to detail.
- Achieve high level of productivity.
- Meets assigned deadlines and communicates case progress/status to nurse / candidates and Immigration Manager.
- Has great expertise and interest in social media.
- Computer literate especially with Microsoft office and Excel.
- Highly dependable, organized, honest and hardworking.
- Highly trainable, with good human relations and can work well under pressure.