China: Working in the US as an International Nurse

China: Working in the US as an International Nurse

​If you are a registered nurse from China and would like to apply to Conexus MedStaff to work in the U.S., please first check the Visa Bulletin for your visa eligibility based on USCIS timetables.

If eligible based on your priority date listed in the Visa Bulletin, you will need an EB-3 Visa. The EB-3 visa is our preferred choice of visa for international nurses looking to make the move to the USA. The EB-3 visa provides you with USA residency with no expiry date. Another real benefit of the EB-3 visa is that there is the option for your dependents to also be sponsored, meaning they can join you in the USA.

To be eligible for the EB-3 you must be either a skilled worker or a professional. A skilled work must have trained for at least two years to enable them to do their job to a high standard. A professional means that you have the equivalent to a US baccalaureate degree and hold membership of a professional organization.

Besides the relevant qualifications, you will also need to be able to provide the following documents in order to apply for a green card EB-3 visa:

  • NCLEX Certificate
  • Visa Screen
  • IELTS (The IELTS will be required if your studies have not been conducted in an English speaking country)
  • Employment Offer Letter from your employer.

Conexus can sometimes help candidates who are looking for a change of sponsorship if they have been abandoned by a sponsor. In these cases, we will implement a premium processing visa application..

Remember, visa times can vary greatly and the Visa Bulletin has not recently provided positive news for nurses coming from India, so keep an eye on our Facebook page where we provide the latest priority dates and information from the U.S. Department of State.

What do you need to do now?

If you meet all of the requirements listed above and you are current, you are now ready to apply to Conexus MedStaff. Here are the requirements to work as an international registered nurse in the U.S.